Monday, July 13, 2015

Banner Blessings & Butterfly Basics HSS216

Pin It Now!

Hey crafty friend!  Today I have a card to share featuring a stamp set I've been dying to use, Banner Blessings.  It's a photopolymer set with four stamps that feature scripture for several occasions.  I LOVE it.  I used it with Butterfly Basics as a background collage for Hand Stamped Sentiments' latest color challenge.
I used the emboss resist technique to create a soft collage background, sponging Bermuda Bay on white cardstock after embossing with clear.  The spritzing tool gave it a little extra blast of color.
The seam binding ribbon was plain Very Vanilla, and I ran it across a Strawberry Slush ink pad, wet it, crumpled and squeezed the water out, then used a blow dryer to quickly dry the inky ribbon.  Then tied into a bow and scrunched it for a shabby look.  
The large butterfly framelit was cut with vellum to give a little more layering without hiding the pretty stamped background.  
Stop by HSS to see the inspiration projects and play along!  
PS:  In case you didn't notice, I substituted Strawberry Slush for the Watermelon Wonder, as I'm probably the last demo in the world to not place an order from the new catalog.  Sad but true! 

Have a blessed and creative day!

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Butterfly Basics, Banner Blessings
INK:  Bermuda Bay, Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Clear
PAPER:Whisper White, Vellum
EMBELLISHMENTS: Strawberry Slush baker's twine, Vintage faceted button, Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, basic rhinestones, sponge, spritzing tool

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the butterfly wings and your background collage is beautiful. Great technique! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete