Monday, December 29, 2014

Sparkly Watercolor Thank You - HSS202

Pin It Now! With Christmas done, and the New Year upon us, I'm looking for something gold and sparkling to celebrate and to thank a friend.  The latest inspiration photo at Hand Stamped Sentiments is full of gold and glimmer, perfect for celebrating kindness!  Here's my shiny card...
And the inspiration photo from HSS
I loved getting out the watercolor supplies for this one.  Look at this shine!
I watched a YouTube video to work on my "bokeh" technique, which are the circles that are randomly placed on the card panel.   
To create this effect, I first wet the entire watercolor paper panel with clean water.  Then, I squeezed each ink pad while closed to apply ink to the inside of the lid - if you have reinkers, you might use them instead.  I dabbed the ink off of the lids with a wet paintbrush, then dab and spread the paint as desired.  I created a diagonal type pattern. 

When I like the color combination, I dried it with a heat embossing gun.  Then I watered down a bit of the Champagne Mist from Tsukineido and brushed it all over the top, dried again, then used it full strength on a skinny paintbrush and flicked it across the panel.  
This is what it looked like before the Craft White ink circles were dabbed on.  In hindsight, I think it would have been fine like this! 
Inside, more stars to match the punches on the front. 
Hope you're having a great Christmas season and a wonderful New Year!  Head over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and play along - I'd love to see you there!

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  Simpky Celebrate (retired)
INK:  Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Tsukinedo Champagne Mist, Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER:  Modern Medley DSP, Watercolor paper, Basic Black, Whisper White, Gold
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Confetti Stars punch, Gold Bakers Twine, Large oval punch, Crystal Effects
OTHER: paint brushes, craft mat, washi tape, water







4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Love the technique used!!! Love the extra sparkle!!! Perfect accents to finish your card!!! Love the color combo!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the watercolor background with all of the bits of gold and glimmer! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background! I'll have to try your technique. Very pretty card great job in using the gold paper to embellish your card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft colors you chose to use. I think you did a good job with the bokeh effect. I need to play with this technique.

    ReplyDelete