Monday, July 28, 2014

Another Great Year - Birthday Greetings!

Pin It Now! I have had a fascination with this stamp set since I first set eyes on it!  Then it sat...and sat.  I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I love the scripty font, the festive banners, and the vintage feel it has.  This week's Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge gave me the jump start I needed, with the cute retro mixer in aqua & silver.
I went with the silver and aqua theme, with a touch of purple from the other photos.
I saw a cute sponge dauber polka dot card by Teneale Williams, and thought this was just the technique to use with this festive birthday stamp! Sponge daubers dabbed in Coastal Cabana, Certainly Celery, and Wisteria Wonder. The birthday sentiment is heat embossed with silver, colored with Coastal Cabana, and a few sequins are added.  
I used this trendy tilted layered look, and I like the way it adds interest to the dotty panel, with plenty of patterned paper peeking through.  
Inside, a greeting and a cupcake!
I'll definitely be turning out a few of these.  Super easy and really darned cute! 

Hop on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and check out the DT samples - and please join in the fun!  

Check out Teneale's card here, with the dauber technique!

Have a blessed and creative day!

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  Another Great Year
INK:  Coastal Cabana, Wisteria Wonder, Certainly Celery, Silver Stampin' Emboss, So Saffron, Blushing Bride
PAPER:  Coastal Cabana DSP from In Color Stack, Watercolor Paper, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Coastal Cabana Thick Twine, silver sequins, glimmer paper





1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love what you've done with this, gorgeous colours too.

    ReplyDelete